Young & Associates Insurance specializes in Auto Insurance in Duluth, Superior, Hermantown, Proctor and surrounding areas in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Looking for coverage? Quickly and easily submit an application for an auto insurance quote! We will design a custom, comprehensive protection program to fit your unique needs...always looking for the best value.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses (known as personal injury protection in Minnesota).
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements. Ask your Young & Associates Insurance agent to explain all the differences and options.
Why do you need auto insurance?
First of all, it is required in Minnesota and Wisconsin to carry certain types of auto insurance coverage. Contact Young & Associates Insurance to find out what coverages are required in Duluth and throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin to make sure you are adequately protected.
Second, it's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your car may be one of your most important possessions, providing you with your only means of transportation. It is important to have adequate coverage so you can get a temporary or permanent replacement immediately.
What questions should you ask yourself and your agent when designing your protection program?
Young & Associates Insurance is your advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- Ask yourself, "How much can I afford to pay if you get in an accident?" To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.
- What discounts are available? Ask about good driver, good student and multi-policy discounts.
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.