Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance
Young & Associates Insurance specializes in Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance in Duluth, Superior, Hermantown, Proctor and surrounding areas in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Looking for coverage? Quickly and easily submit an application for a boat or personal watercraft insurance quote! We will design a custom, comprehensive protection program to fit your unique needs...always looking for the best value.
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft (e.g. jet ski)?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident and your boat or watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your boat or watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your boat or watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while you are towing.
What does a boat or personal watercraft insurance policy cover?
Homeowners insurance policies may provide limited coverage for your boat or personal watercraft but it would only be on a small boat, motor and trailer. A boat of any significant size will be excluded from your homeowners policy for both property and liability coverage. Talk to your Young & Associates Insurance agent about whether or not you should be buying a separate boat or personal watercraft insurance policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The boat and personal watercraft insurance policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
**Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.**
What questions should you ask yourself and your agent when designing your protection program?
Young & Associates Insurance is your advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen? Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.
- What discounts and programs are available? Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies.
- Who does the policy cover to operate the boat or personal watercraft?
- Is the towing of skiers or tubes covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat or watercraft towed in an emergency?
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
The type of vessel, the horsepower of the engine, the value of the haul and the location where it is kept are all factors in determining coverage and premium. Ask your Young & Associates agent to walk you through all the factors that apply to Duluth and throughout the surrounding areas in Minnesota and Wisconsin.