Here are a few safety tips to keep you, your family and your belongings safe this year if you plan on frying your turkey:
1. Thaw the bird completely and make sure it is patted dry - any water will cause the oil to splatter and could burn you.
2. Use the correct amount of oil - you want to avoid overflowing when you place the bird in the fryer.
3. Cook outdoors ONLY – not to mention, stay away from the house, garage or flammable equipment (shed, wood playhouse or playground set, etc.).
4. Keep children and pets far away from the fryer - the driveway is the most common spot that people place their fryer but keep in mind that it is also a common place for kids to play and bike…consider your lawn next to the driveway.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!
~Your friends at Young & Associates Insurance
Watch this short 1 minute video to see how dangerous things can get if you DON'T follow these safety tips!
Specializing in MN & WI Insurance
202 W. Superior Street, Suite 400, Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 722-1481 • (877) 874-1000 toll free